The first ‘don’t’ in an advanced technological setting is:
- Do not perceive the patient as an object.
- Totally avoid DEPERSONALIZATION.
- Do not forget the simple courtesies of life.
- Do not ever forget your bedside manners
- Do not demonstrate a lack of interest with regard to the patient’s needs.
- Do not expose the patient for a procedure or treatment without providing adequate privacy
- Do not use ‘uncaring language’ Respect the patient’s individuality
- Do not treat the patient’s relatives, guests and visitors with disrespect. Answer quires if any, with responsibility.
- Be courteous; Be graceful
THE NEW MODEL OF HEALTH CARE THAT HAS EMERGED IS THAT OF A CLINICAL NURSE RETURNING TO THE BEDSIDE IN A CARING, NURTURING, TEACHING ROLE WITH SHARED RESPONSIBILITY WITH THE PHYSICIANS FOR DECISION MAKING CONCERNING PATIENT CARE.
At the heart of nursing is the human being.
Comments are closed.